The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services is the governing administration within Michigan, providing its residents with a variety of support services. This department oversees many areas of health policy and management. It has multiple contact points that people can use to handle issues such as child support, behavioral health, finances, and public health emergencies.
Michigan DHS General Contact Information
Those looking to contact the department directly and perform general inquiries can contact their office for general inquiries, seek information about specific departments, and be transferred to one of their various organizations for more information. Their general department can also be used to submit issues, complaints, and contact case specialists within the state.
Customer Service Number: 517-241-3740
Customer Service Email Address: SimsT2@michigan.gov
Their hours of operation are as follows:
Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET
Michigan DHS Organization Contact Information
The department has several programs and agencies under its management throughout the state of Michigan, and through these various contact points, people can receive assistance for various organizations within the department, including:
- State Hospitals Administration: The State Hospitals Administration works to provide people with quality inpatient care for those in state hospitals and provides reintegration programs back to communities. Their office is open from Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET and can be contacted by email at ZwarkaJ@michigan.gov.
- Health and Aging Services: The Health and Aging department coordinates all services for the aging populations for healthy lives. To contact this department, you can call their office number at 517-241-4100 or email them at HASAInfo@michigan.gov. Their office is open from Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET.
- Behavioral Health & Developmental Disabilities: The Behavioral Health & Developmental Disabilities department focuses on specialty services for those with mental illnesses and developmental disabilities, delivering over 46 programs throughout the state of Michigan. You can call them at 517-335-0196, email their office at AikinsS@michigan.gov, and their office of operation go from Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET.
- Strategic Integration Administration: The Strategic Integration Administration operates to provide technology and non-technology initiatives business integration. You can contact their office department by calling 517-284-4904 or emailing them at RamaswamyS@michigan.gov. Their hours of operation go from Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET.
- Children’s Services: Their children’s health services department works to support children and their families and includes protection services for child abuse. Their office can be contacted by calling 517-241-9859, emailing them at MachenS@michigan.gov. Their hours of operation go from Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET.
- Communications: The communications department focuses on marketing programs for non-profit organizations, universities, stakeholder groups, and government entities. Their office can be contacted by calling 517-241-2112 or through email at CommOffice@michigan.gov. Their hours of operation go from Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET.
- Field Operations: The Field Operations department provides support for front-line workers for policy, training, technology, and leadership. To contact the department, you can call their office at 517-373-3570 and email them at BeurerT@michigan.gov. The office for Field Operations is open from Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET.
- Financial Operations: The financial operations department works to oversee state budget, purchasing, accounting, and organizational services provided by the Michigan DHS. To contact the department, you can call their service number at 517-241-6289 and email their department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Their office is open from Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET.
- Human Resources: The Office of Human Resources provides resources to help maintain the state’s workforce. To contact their department for human resources, you can email them at MDHHS-Human-Resources@michigan.gov. Their office is open from Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET.
- Inspector General: The Inspector General Office is the Michigan DHS’s criminal justice agency, assisting in maintaining integrity throughout the organization’s programs. To contact their department’s criminal justice agency, you can call their agency at 866-428-0005 or email them at MDHHS-InspectorGeneral@michigan.gov. Their justice agency operates from Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET.
- Legal Affairs: The Legal Affairs office provides expert guidance for employees at Michigan DHS. To contact their department, employees can call their phone number at 517-284-4837 and email them at email@example.com. Their office is open from Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET.
- Medical Services: Their Medical Services Administration administers their Medicaid program to eligible residents in the state of Michigan. To contact the administration about Medicaid eligibility and status, you can contact them by calling 517-582-4145 or emailing at RichardsD@Michigan.gov. Their administrative office is open from Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET.
- Policy, Planning, and Operational Support Administration: The Policy, Planning, and Operational Support Administration works with the state governor on policy administration and addressing policy issues within the state of Michigan. For more information, call their number at 517-284-4995 or email them at RodriguezT1@michigan.gov. Their hours of operation run from Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET.
- Public Health: The Public Health Administration promotes health safety through improving access to care and responding to health issues. To contact their department of public health, you can contact them by calling 517-284-1055. Their office is open from Mon-Fri: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm ET.
Michigan DHS Local District Office Support
All contacts listed above allow residents to contact Michigan DHS at the state level, but to further benefit from their state-wide services, the department of health and safety can provide Michigan residents with contacts to local offices through their local district directory. You can contact your local district by searching through their district directory and getting information about their services and locations.
Michigan DHS Hotline Assistance Services
In some cases, hotline services may be needed to gain immediate assistance for scenarios such as adult home help, abuse and neglect, child daycare services, foster care payments, and domestic violence. Through their hotline assistance directory, residents of the state of Michigan can gain immediate services regarding these emergency situations and get the help they need.
Michigan DHS FAQ Support
If you do not know where to begin, you can also go through their FAQ support page to get answers to various questions about topics related to Michigan DHS’s services. These questions pertain to food assistance, childcare, home heating, state disability assistance, and emergency needs. Their FAQ support works to answer all of these questions and help further direct people to the correct administration for assistance.
Michigan DHS Social Media
The Michigan DHS provides updates and resources using various social media platforms. To keep up with news about Michigan DHS and their various organizations, assistance programs, and emergency services, you can follow their social media through these various platforms:
About the Michigan DHS
Michigan DHS was founded in April 2015 and was originally known as the Department of Human Services. It operates as a state agency after it merged with the Department of Community Health under Governor Rick Synder during his 2015 State of the State address. From its foundation, it provides assistance services to over 43 districts and 84 counties throughout the state of Michigan. The stage agency has over 14,000 employees and combines areas of medical care, family assistance, criminal justice, and other social services to provide help for families and adults.
Customer Service Number: 517-241-3740
Address: 333 S. Grand Ave, P.O. Box 30195, Lansing, Michigan, 48909
Contact Points: Website, phone, email, mail
Services support for: public health, child support, government administration
Michigan DHS Headquarters Location Map